St. Hildegaard the Abbess of Bingen
St Hildegaard ....Part I
One of the best known, in the sphere of prophecy, for her precise and detailed visions. St Hildegaard commented much on the coming of the antichrist and the series of events to transpire thereof. "She (Anne Catherine Emmerich) was told that to the latter (St Hildegaard) had been imparted, through the grace of the Holy Ghost, the power of committing her visions to writing, although she had never learned to read or write; of calling down chastisement upon prevaricators; and of prophesying concerning the wicked woman of Babylon. No one ever received so many graces as Hildegaard whose revelations are fulfilled even in our own day."
(Clement Bretano, biographer to Anne Catherine Emmerich)
1) ...."he shall come at the last days of the world. He will not be Satan himself, but a human being equaling and resembling him in atrocious hideousness. His mother, a depraved woman, possessed by the devil, will live as a prostitute in the desert. She will declare that she is ignorant as to the identity of his father, and will maintain that her son was presented to her by God in a supernatural manner, as was the Child of the Blessed Virgin. She will then be venerated as a saint by deceived people."
2) "Antichrist will come from a land that lies between two seas, and will practice his tyranny in the East. After his birth false teachers and doctrines will appear, followed by wars, famines, and pestilence."
3) "His mother seldom will let anyone see him, and yet by magic art, she will manage to gain the love of the people for him. He will be raised at different secret places and will be kept in seclusion until full grown. When he has grown to full manhood he will publicly announce a hostile doctrine on religion. He will lure and attract the people to himself by granting them complete exemption from the observance of all divine and ecclesiastical commandments, by forgiving them their sins and requiring of them only their belief in his divinity. He will spurn and reject baptism and the gospel. He will open his mouth to preach contradiction."
4) "He will say 'Jesus of Nazareth is not the son of God, only a deceiver who gave himself out as God and the Church instituted by him only superstition.' The true Christ has come in his person. He will say, 'I am the Saviour of the world.'"
5) "Especially will he try to convince the Jews that he is the messiah sent by God, and the Jews will accept him as such. His doctrine of faith will be taken from the Jewish religion and seemingly not differ much from the fundamental doctrine of Christianity, for he will teach that there is one God who created the world, who is omniscient and knows the thoughts of man and is just, who rewards the obeyers of his commands and the trespassers he chastises, who will raise all from the dead in due time. This God has spoken through Moses and the Prophets, therefore the precepts of the Mosaic laws are to be kept, especially circumcision and keeping the Sabbath, yet by his moral laws he will try to reverse all order on earth. Therefore he is called in Holy Writ the 'Lawless One'."
6) "He will think that he can change time and laws. He will discard all laws, morals and religious principles, to draw the world to himself. He will grant entire freedom from the commandments of God and the Church and permit everyone as his passions dictate. By doing so he hopes to be acknowledged by the people as the deliverer from the yoke, and as the cause for prosperity in the world."
7) "Religion he will endeavor to make convenient. He will say you need not fast and embitter your life by renunciation, as the people of former times did when they had no sense of God's goodness. It will suffice to love God. He will let people feast to their heart's content so that they will pity the unfortunate people of former centuries. He will preach free love and tear asunder family ties. He will scorn everything holy, and he will ridicule all the graces of the Church with devilish mockery. He will condemn humility and foster proud and gruesome dogmas. He will tear down that which God has taught in the Old and New Testament and maintain sin and vice are not sin and vice. Briefly he will declare the road to Hell is the way to Heaven."
(taken from The Reign of Antichrist by Rev Gerald Culleton
published by www.Tanbooks.com copyright 1951) pp. 126, 127, 128