- Maitreya...at the UN
- SSPX (Superior General Fellay) meets with Ratzinger/Benedict XVI at the Vatican August 29th.
Designed to give you the edge when all other knowledge will be useless
Advent of the ANTICHRIST
Prophecy of St. Nilus
Realizing that St. Nilus is scarcely known to a large part of the Church, a brief sketch of his life, taken from the Catholic Encyclopedia (1911 edition) is related below:
St. Nilus was one of the many disciples and fervent defenders of St. John Chrysostom. He was an officer at the Court of Constantinople, married, with two sons. While St. John Chrysostom was patriarch, before his exile (398-403), he directed Nilus in the study of Scripture and in works of piety. St. Nilus left his wife and one son and took the other, Theodulos, with him to Mount Sinai to be a monk. The Bishop of Eleusa ordained both St. Nilus and his son to the priesthood. The mother and other son also embraced the religious life in Egypt.
From his monastery at Sinai, St. Nilus was a well-known person throughout the Eastern Church; by his writings and correspondence he played an important part in the history of his time. He was known as a theologian, Biblical scholar and ascetic writer, so people of all kinds, from the emperor down, wrote to consult him. His numerous works, including a multitude of letters, consists of denunciations of heresy, paganism, abuses of discipline and crimes, of rules and principles of asceticism, especially maxims about the religious life. He warns and threatens people in high places, abbots and bishops, governors and princes, even the emperor himself, without fear. He kept up a correspondence with Gaina, a leader of the Goths, endeavoring to convert him from Arianism. He denounced vigorously the persecution of St. John Chrysostom both to Emperor Arcadius and to his courtiers.
St. Nilus must be counted as one of the leading ascetic writers of the fifth century. His feast is kept on November 12th in the Byzantine Calendar; he is commemorated also in the Roman Martyrology on the same date. St. Nilus probably died around 430 as there is no evidence of his life after that.
Now the prophecy:
After 1900, toward the middle of the 20th century, the people of that time will become unrecognizable. When the time for the Advent of the Antichrist approaches, people's minds will grow cloudy from carnal passions, and dishonor and lawlessness will grow stronger. Then the world will become unrecognizable. People's appearances will change, and it will be impossible to distinguish men from women due to their shamelessness in dress and style of hair. These people will be cruel and will be like wild animals because of the temptations of the Antichrist. There will be no respect for parents and elders, love will disappear, and Christian pastors, bishops, and priests will become vain men, completely failing to distinguish the right-hand from the left. At that time the morals and traditions of Christians and of the Church will change. People will abandon modesty, and dissipation will reign. Falsehood and greed will attain great proportions, and woe to those who pile up treasures. Lust, adultery, homosexuality. secret deeds and murder will rule in society.
At that future time, due to the power of such great crimes and licentiousness, people will be deprived of the grace of the Holy Spirit, which they received in Holy Baptism, and equally of remorse.
The Churches of God will be deprived of God-fearing and pious pastors, and woe to the Christians remaining in the world at that time; many will completely lose their Faith because they will lack the opportunity of seeing the light of knowledge from anyone at all.
Then they will separate themselves out of the world in holy refuges in search of lightening their spiritual sufferings, but everywhere they will meet obstacles and constraints.
And all this will result from the fact that the Antichrist will want to be Lord over everything and become the ruler of the whole universe, and he will produce miracles and fantastic signs. He will also give depraved wisdom to an unhappy man so that he will discover a way by which one man can carry on a conversation with another from one end of the earth to the other. At that time men will also fly through the air like birds and descend to the bottom of the sea like fish. And when they have achieved all this, these unhappy people will spend their lives in comfort without knowing, poor souls, that it is deceit of the Antichrist. And, the impious one! - he will so complete science with vanity that it will go off the right path and lead people to lose faith in the existence of God and in the mystery of the Most Holy Trinity.
Then the all-good God will see the downfall of the human race and will shorten the days for the sake of those few who are being saved, because the enemy wants to lead even the chosen into temptation, if that is possible ... then the sword of chastisement will suddenly appear and kill the perverter and his servants.Tomorrow...Begin the fearsome "Prophecies of St. Hildegaard"
the Nursing Nun of Bellay
This prophecy was written sometime between 1810 and 1830 and was entrusted to FatherFulgence, the Chaplain of the Trappist Monastery of Notre Dame des Gardes, near Angers.
a) "Once again the madmen seem to gain the upper hand! They laugh God to scorn. Now, the churches are closed; the pastors run away; the Holy Sacrifice ceases."
b) "Woe to thee, corrupt city! the wicked try to destroy everything; their books and their doctrine as swamping the world. But the day of justice is come. Here is your King; He comes forward amidst the confusion of those stormy days. Horrible times! The just and the wicked fall; Babylon, is reduced to ashes. Woe to thee, city three times accursed!"
c) "There was also a great battle, the like of which has never been seen before. Blood was flowing like water after a heavy rain. The wicked were trying to slaughter all the servants of the Religion of Jesus Christ. After they had killed a large number, they raised a cry of victory, but suddenly the just received help from above."
d) "A saint raises his arms to Heaven; he allays the wrath of God. He ascends the throne of Peter. At the same time, the Great Monarch ascends the throne of his ancestors. All is quiet now. Altars are set up again; religion comes to life again. What I see now is so wonderful that I am unable to express it."
e) "All these things shall come to pass once the wicked have succeeded in circulating large numbers of bad books."
Taken from: Catholic Prophecy (pg 51)
Compiled by: Yves Dupont
Published by: www.TanBooks.com
Copyright: Original 1970
Monk Hilarion: "Before the Christian churches are reunited and renovated, God will send the Eagle who will travel to Rome and bring much happiness and good. The Holy Man will bring peace between the clergy and the Eagle, and his reign will last for four years. After his death God will send three men who are rich in wisdom and virtue. They will spread Christianity everywhere.
There will be one flock, one shepherd, one faith, one law, one life, and one baptism throughout the world."
"The people of the peninsula of Europe will suffer by needless wars until the Holy Man comes. The Lion will come from a high mountain in the enlightened nation. Then will the people of the half-moon of the tribe of Agar overrun many nations towards midnight and commit many atrocities."
"They will stay three years destroying everything. Yet, in the
third year, will one of the unconquerable Eagles who reigns over the enlightened nation between the Rhine and the North sea, with a great army meet them by the mouth of the River Rhine and, in a fearful battle, almost entirely annihilate them."
Old English Prophecy:
"When pictures look alive, with movement free,
(t.v. and movies)
When ships like fish swim beneath the sea,
When men outstripping birds can soar the sky,
(jets and rockets)
Then half the world deep drenched in blood shall die."
"In Germany begins a dance,
Which passes through Italy, Spain and France.
But England shall pay the piper"
"When Our Lady shall lie on Our Lord's lap,
Then England will meet with a strange mishap."
Old Saxon Prophecy:
"The seven-headed city, now more admirable than Jerusalem,
shall be a place more desolate than Jerusalem. The Dog shall
enter Germany but shall afterwards forsake his master and choose for himself a new man, whereby Scripture shall be
"This Dog shall signify the Turk which shall forsake his
Mohammed and choose unto him the name Christian, which is a sign the day of doom is at hand, when all the earth is subject unto God, or that all people acknowledge one only God. The Fleur-de-Lys (lily) and France shall live long at variance, but at last agree. Then shall the clear Word spring forth and flourish throughout the world."
"But after all these things the end of the world shall approach, and there shall be heavy and pitiful days."
Old German Prophecy:
"When the world becomes godless, revolutions will break out against kings. Fathers will fight their sons, and the sons their fathers. The doctrine will be perverted, and they will try to over-throw the Catholic Church. Men will be pleasure-loving."
"A terrible war will find the North fighting the South. The
South will be lead by a Prince wearing a white coat with a
cross on the front; he will be lame afoot. He will gather his
forces at Bremen for Mass. Then he will lead them into battle
beyond Woerl near the birch-tree country (Westphalia)."
"After a terrible battle at a brook running eastwards near
Berdberg and Sondern, the South will be victorious."
Taken from: Catholic Prophecy (pp 20-24)
Compiled by: Yves Dupont
Published by: www.TanBooks.com
Copyright: Original 1970
Prophecies of the
Ecstatic Nun of Tours
"Before the war breaks out again, food will be scarce and
expensive. There will be little work for the workers, and fathers
will hear their children crying for food. There will be earthquakes
and signs in the sun. Towards the end darkness will cover the
"When everyone believes that peace is assured, when everyone
least expects it, the great happenings will begin. Revolution will
break out in Italy almost at the same time as in France. For
some time, the Church will be without a Pope. England, too, will
have much to suffer."
"The revolution will spread to every French town. Wholesale
slaughter will take place. This revolution will last only a few
months but it will be frightful; blood will flow everywhere
because the malice of the wicked will reach it's highest pitch.
Victims will be innumerable. Paris will look like a slaughter-
house. Persecutions against the Church will be even greater, but
it will not last long. All churches will be closed, but only for
a very short time in those towns where disturbances are least.
Priests will have to go into hiding. The wicked will try to
obliterate everything religious, but they will not have enough
"Many bishops and priests will be put to death. The
Archbishop of Paris will be murdered. Many other priests, in
Paris, will have their throats cut because they will not have
time to find a hiding place."
"The wicked will be masters for one year and a few months.
In those days, France will receive no human assistance. At this
juncture, the French people will turn back to God and implore
the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mary Immaculate. They will
at last confess that He alone can restore peace and happiness."
"The French people will ask for the good King, he who was
chosen by God. He will come, this saviour whom God has spared
for France, this King who is not wanted now because he is dear
to God's Heart. He will ascend to the throne; he will free the
Church and reassert the Pope's rights."
"The Council will meet again after the victory. But, this time,
men will be obliged to obey; There will be only one flock and one
shepherd. All men will acknowledge the Pope as the Universal
Father, the King of all peoples. Thus mankind will be
Taken from: Catholic Prophecy (pp 36-38)
Compiled by: Yves Dupont
Published by: www.TanBooks.com
Copyright: Original 1970
Bernardine Von Busto
1) "At the time when the Antichrist is about twenty years old, most of the world will have lost the faith."
2) "Antichrist will be descended from the tribe of Dan. The people
at that time will be very corrupt. He will preach to people to the
people while flying through the air."
3) "Many fervent priests and religious in the wilderness and
desert will be miraculously sustained by God. Some of them will
travel about to encourage the Christians to remain firm in the
faith till death."
4) "When a pious Christian is pleading to God for help before a
crucifix in his room, Satan will disturb him in his prayers and
confuse him. He will cause a voice to come from the crucifix
saying: 'Why do you call on Me, as if I can help you? I am not
God nor the Saviour of the World, but a sorceror, an instigator
and deceiver of the people, for I was a false prophet and as a
consequence I am dammed to everlasting hell fire. Therefore, call
on me no more, lest by calling on me you increase the pain that I
must suffer in Hell.
Through the power of Almighty God, whose gospel is now
preached throughout the world, I am urged and compelled to tell
you the truth and reveal to you that I am not the Son of God,
but rather the greatest sorceror the world has ever had, and hence
for all eternity I must suffer the severest pains without hope of
Also the pictures of the Mother of God at times will speak
when someone will be praying before them: 'Cease your supplications.
I am not the Mother of God. I have no power with God. I am only
a miserable creature. You should take refuge with the true Mother
of the Most High, whose teachings are being taught to you today.'
It will be the same with the pictures of the Saints. That it is
the devil who speaks through crucifixes and pictures but few will
perceive, on the contrary, many will run excitedly to the apostles of
the Antichrist, to accept the new religion. By order of those apostles
they will trample on the crucifix and holy pictures and break them
5) "When a mother has her infant in her arms or puts it in a
cradle, in a clear and distinct voice it will begin to speak,
acknowledging the diety of Antichrist and urging the mother to
leave Christ and turn to Antichrist. The child will reproach the
parents, that they, in spite of the many miracles of the Antichrist,
still persist in their wickedness and obstinancy. Oh how much
anguish will those parents have to bear. Yet many Christians
will remember that this was all foretold of Antichrist for
centuries past, and perceive the fraud of Satan and refuse to be
deceived. They will stand firm and enlighten the faint-hearted and console them."
Taken from: The Reign of Antichrist
Authored by: Rev Gerald Culleton
Published by: www.Tanbooks.com
Prophecies for the
Coastal Plains.......Part 1
The Virgin Mary:
...."There will be thunderstorms which will shake cities, earthquakes which will swallow up countries." (La Salette Prophecy 1846)
"At the first blow of His thundering sword, the mountains and all Nature will tremble in terror, for the disorders and crimes of men have pierced the vault of the heavens. Paris will burn and Marseille will be engulfed. Several cities will be shaken down and swallowed up by earthquakes. People will believe that all is lost. Nothing will be seen but murder, nothing will be heard but the clash of arms and blasphemy." (La Salette Prophecy 1846)
"The seasons will be altered, the earth will produce nothing but bad fruit, the stars will lose their regular motion, the moon will only reflect a faint reddish glow. Water and fire will give the earth's globe convulsions and terrible earthquakes which will swallow up mountains, cities, etc..."
(La Salette Prophecy 1846)
St Patrick (died 493):
"The ocean shall inundate Ireland 7 years before the time of the end so that the devil may not rule over that people."
"Seven years before the last day the sea shall submerge Ireland in one inundation."
"The sea will come over Ireland seven years before the Day of Judgment."
"The sea shall overwhelm Ireland seven years before the Judgment."
Other predictions to follow from: Premol, Merlin, St Odile, Leo the Philosopher, Thomas Becket......and many others on Wales, England, Scotland, Gemany and Italy (in next edition)......
St Hildegard (died 1179):
"The great nation in the ocean(England)......will be devastated by an earthquake, storm and tidal waves. It will be divided and, in great part submerged. That nation will also have many misfortunes at seas and lose its colonies."
Father Balthasar Mas:
"I saw a land swallowed up by the sea and covered with water. But, afterwards, I saw that the sea had receded little by little and the land could be seen again. The tops of the towers in the city rose again above the water and appeared more beautiful than before, and I was told that this land was England."
Pope John Paul 11:
"If I were to say the oceans would overflow their borders and from one moment to the next millions of souls would be lose their lives...."
(Interview with des Glauben Stemmes 1984)
"Mountains shall crumble and the sea will overstep its boundaries. The earth shall tremble in many places and this nation (U.S.) will also fall down and look up to Me for help." (1971)
Prophecies! the Chastisement and Purification by Rev Albert J Hebert
The Reign of Antichrist by Rev R. Gerald Culleton published by
Our Lady of Good Success
OUR LADY OF GOOD SUCCESS (Prophecies for Our Times)
Prophetic revelations made to Venerable Mother Mariana de Jesus Torres
This article is based on excerpts taken from the 18th Century manuscript entitled The Admirable Life of Mother Mariana of Jesus Torres, written by Prior Manuel de Souza Pereira, Franciscan Provincial in Quito, Ecuador and director of the Convent Mother Mariana founded. This manuscript was written a century after her death. Mother Mariana is linked mysteriously to our times by the visions Our Lady showed her of the 20th Century over 350 years ago. This apparition has been approved by the Church and Mother Mariana has been declared Venerable in the first step towards her canonization. On January 16, 1635, surrounded by her community and her Franciscan confessors, Mother Mariana made a solemn profession of Faith, and then asked, as a last favor, to die on the ground, in imitation of her Seraphic Father, St. Francis. After receiving Holy Communion and the Sacrament of Extreme Unction, she foretold the exact hour of her death: 3 p.m. Just before she died, she read her last will and testament, a moving testimony that gave her daughters inestimable advice about the religious life along with many prophecies concerning the order. At its end, she turned to the priests: "My fathers and sisters, the time has come for me to depart; recommend my soul to God with the appropriate prayers. I thank you for everything. Always, I beseech you, have this convent and your sisters in your care. I die, as I was born, joyously and peacefully in the arms of my mother, the Seraphic Order." Two tears rolled down her cheek, she sighed, and with an angelic smile, that blessed soul left her body. After death, her body remained flexible, her complexion rosy, and the charming smile on her face gave her every appearance of being alive. During the wake, the sight of a blind girl was restored when a flower from the crown that encircled Mother Mariana's head was touched to the her eyes. In 1906, during the remodeling of the Convent, her three-century old tomb was opened. They discovered the body of Mother Mariana de Jesus whole and incorrupt, complete with her habit and the articles of penance that had been placed in the tomb with her. An exquisite aroma of lilies emanated from her whole body. Thus God preserves some of his saints who practice heroic virtue and maintain holy chastity in their earthly lives. Mother Mariana possessed the gift of discernment of spirits, which Our Dear Lord so often gives to founders of religious orders. Since she could read the hearts of her daughters, she would comfort them, telling them how to progress in the spiritual life and explain how it was necessary to die to oneself in order to practice real virtue. She repeatedly warned them to guard the common life of the Convent and obey the Rule. When prayer and community life are wanting, she said, everything falls short, for the religious without prayer is like a soldier without arms in combat. She told them to be patient in their sicknesses, since illnesses are the best and most meritorious penances, which free souls from illusions, vanity and pride. She especially warned her daughters to guard against that "cursed human respect, which makes one ask: 'What will others say about this?'" Instead, she counseled that they should guide their lives in the cloisters according to the norms of the Gospel and ground themselves firmly on the strong foundation of humility. Let us consider some of the revelations that Mother Mariana was blessed to receive from Our Lord and Our Lady.
Instructions and Advice
Our Lady: "Oh, if only human beings and religious knew what Heaven is and what it is to possess God, how differently they would live, sparing no sacrifice in order to enter more fully into possession of it! But some let themselves be dazzled by the false glamor of honors and human greatness while others are blinded by self-love, not realizing that they are falling into lukewarmness, that immense evil which in religious houses destroys their fervor, humility, self-renunciation and the ceaseless practice of religious virtues and fraternal charity and that child-like simplicity which makes souls so dear to my Divine Son and to me, their Mother. "Remember the words of the Royal Prophet: 'How marvelous are the works of the Lord!' Be convinced of this truth; teach and impress your daughters both living and those to come that they should love their divine vocations. Reveal to them the glorious place that God and I are saving for those who belong to Us, our heirs. "Woe to the world should it lack monasteries and convents! Men do not comprehend their importance, for, if they understood, they would do all in their power to multiply them, because in them can be found the remedy for all physical and moral evils... No one on the face of the earth is aware whence comes the salvation of souls, the conversion of great sinners, the end of great scourges, the fertility of the land, the end of pestilence and wars, and the harmony between nations. All this is due to the prayers that rise up from monasteries and convents. "O, if mortals only understood how to appreciate the time given to them, and would take advantage of each moment of their lives, how different the world would be! And a considerable number of souls would not fall to their eternal perdition! But this contempt is the fundamental cause for their downfall!" Our Lady emphasized the importance of the Sacrament of Penance and the important role of priests: "See and contemplate the grandeur of this restoring and life-giving Sacrament of Penance, so forgotten and even scorned by ungrateful men, who in their foolish madness, do not realize that it is the only sure means of salvation after one has lost his baptismal innocence. What is most grievous is that even the ministers of My Most Holy Son do not give to it the value that they should, viewing with cold indifference this valuable and precious treasure, which has been placed in their hands for the restoration of souls redeemed by the Blood of the Redeemer. There are those who consider hearing confession as a loss of time and a futile thing. O, alas! If priests were given to see directly that which you are now contemplating and were enlightened with the Light that now illuminates you, they would then recognize this gift!..." Our Lord: "For in all times I have need of valiant souls to save My Church and the prevaricating world." Our Lord also made Mother Mariana understand more clearly than ever before that devotion to the Passion, to the Blessed Sacrament and to Our Lady constitutes the support and mainstay of religious communities. "Know, moreover, that Divine Justice releases terrible chastisements on entire nations, not only for the sins of the people, but for those of priests and religious persons. For the latter are called, by the perfection of their state, to be the salt of the earth, the masters of truth, and the deflectors of Divine Wrath. Straying from their divine mission, they degrade themselves in such a way that, before the eyes of God they quicken the rigor of the punishments..." (During the 41 years of St. John Vianney's ministry at Ars, France, no damage was ever done by storms.) He also assured Mother Mariana that He was greatly pleased by those souls who take upon themselves the sublime task of suffering for the sanctification of the Clergy by means of their prayers, sacrifices and penances, and promised such souls a special glory in Heaven. The ingratitude and betrayal of religious souls, so dear to His Heart, would compel Him "to let My Justice fall upon My beloved cloisters - and even over cities - when those so near to Me who belong to Me reject My spirit, abandoning Me alone in Tabernacles, rarely remembering that I live there especially for love of them, even more than for the rest of the faithful." Imprudent admissions and internal abuses permitted by superiors are the ruin of communities. "Such communities can only be preserved - while they exist - at the cost of much penance, humiliations and daily and solid practice of the religious who are good. Woe to these corrupt members during those times of calamity! Weep for them, beloved spouse, and implore that the time of so much suffering will be shortened." He warned her that the Chastisement would be severe for those religious who squandered the many graces with their pride and vainglory to secure positions of power and rank and He especially condemned the lukewarm religious. Mother Mariana saw that the greatest interior torments of the Sacred Heart were the ingratitude and indifference of those souls who, chosen among millions to be His spouses and ministers, left Him in the most absolute solitude. And this despite the fact that in the Holy Sacrament, He would live under the same roof with His spouses and come into the hand of His priests at the simple call of their voices at the most solemn moment of the Consecration.
Our Lady prophesied that at the end of the 19th Century and especially in the 20th Century that Satan would reign almost completely by the means of the Masonic sect. The Queen of Heaven told Mother Mariana that this battle would reach its most acute stage because of various unfaithful religious, who, "under the appearance of virtue and bad-spirited zeal, would turn upon Religion, who nourished them at her breast." "During this time," she continued, "insomuch as this poor country will lack the Christian spirit, the Sacrament of Extreme Unction will be little esteemed. Many people will die without receiving it - either because of the negligence of their families or their false sentimentality that tries to protect the sick from seeing the gravity of their situations, or because they will rebel against the spirit of the Catholic Church, impelled by the malice of the devil. Thus many souls will be deprived of innumerable graces, consolations and the strength they need to make that great leap from time to eternity..." "As for the Sacrament of Matrimony, which symbolizes the union of Christ with His Church, it will be attacked and profaned in the fullest sense of the word. Masonry, which will then be in power, will enact iniquitous laws with the objective of doing away with this Sacrament, making it easy for everyone to live in sin, encouraging the procreation of illegitimate children born without the blessing of the Church. The Christian spirit will rapidly decay, extinguishing the precious light of Faith until if reaches the point that there will be an almost total and general corruption of customs. The effects of secular education will increase, which will be one reason for the lack of priestly and religious vocations..." "The Sacred Sacrament of Holy Orders will be ridiculed, oppressed and despised. ...The demon will try to persecute the Ministers of the Lord in every possible way and he will labor with cruel and subtle astuteness to deviate them from the spirit of their vocation, corrupting many of them. These corrupted priests, who will scandalize the Christian people, will incite the hatred of the bad Christians and the enemies of the Roman, Catholic and Apostolic Church to fall upon all priests. This apparent triumph of Satan will bring enormous sufferings to the good Pastors of the Church...." "Moreover, in these unhappy times, there will be unbridled luxury which, acting thus to snare the rest into sin, will conquer innumerable frivolous souls who will be lost. Innocence will almost no longer be found in children, nor modesty in women, and in this supreme moment of need of the Church, those who should speak will fall silent." "But know, beloved daughter, that when your name is made known in the 20th century, there will be many who will not believe, claiming that this devotion is not pleasing to God...A simple humble faith in the truth of My apparitions to you, My predilect child, will be reserved for humble and fervent souls docile to the inspirations of grace, for Our Heavenly Father communicates His secrets to the simple of heart, and not to those whose hearts are inflated with pride, pretending to know what they do not, or self-satisfied with empty knowledge." During this time, Our Lady foretold, "the secular Clergy will leave much to be desired because priests will become careless in their sacred duties. Lacking the divine compass, they will stray from the road traced by God for the priestly ministry, and they will become attached to wealth and riches, which they will unduly strive to obtain. How the Church will suffer during this dark night! Lacking a Prelate and Father to guide them with paternal love, gentleness, strength, wisdom and prudence, many priests will lose their spirit, placing their souls in great danger. This will mark the arrival of My hour." "Therefore, clamor insistently without tiring and weep with bitter tears in the privacy of your heart, imploring our Celestial Father that, for love of the Eucharistic Heart of my Most Holy Son and His Precious Blood shed with such generosity and the profound bitterness and sufferings of His cruel Passion and Death, He might take pity on His ministers and bring to an end those Ominous times, sending to this Church the Prelate who will restore the spirit of its priests." On December 8, 1634, the feast of the Immaculate Conception, three archangels and their Queen appeared to Mother Mariana. St. Gabriel was carrying a Ciborium filled with Hosts which Our Lady explained: "This signifies the Most August Sacrament of the Eucharist, which will be distributed by my Catholic priests to faithful Christians belonging to the Holy Roman, Catholic and Apostolic Church, whose visible head is the Pope, the King of Christianity. His pontifical infallibility will be declared a dogma of the Faith by the same Pope chosen to proclaim the dogma of the Mystery of My Immaculate Conception. He will be persecuted and imprisoned in the Vatican by the unjust usurpation of the Pontifical States through the iniquity, envy and avarice of an earthly monarch." This holy Pope was Blessed Pius IX, who fulfilled every prediction made by Our Lady. His body, being exhumed for beatification in 2000, was found miraculously preserved in the tomb where it had lain for more than a century. His face still showed a striking serenity in death. Another most interesting prophecy of Our Lady: "In the 19th Century there will be a truly Catholic president, a man of character whom God Our Lord will give the palm of martyrdom on the square adjoining this Convent. He will consecrate the Republic to the Sacred Heart of My Most Holy Son, and this consecration will sustain the Catholic Religion in the years that will follow, which will be ill-fated ones for the Church. These years, during which the evil sect of Masonry will take control of the civil government - will see a cruel persecution of all religious communities, and they will also strike out violently against this one of mine." The "truly Catholic" president of Ecuador, Gabriel Garcia Moreno (1821-1875), consecrated the republic to the Sacred Heart of Jesus in 1873. Pope Pius IX paid him tribute as a man who had died "the death of a martyr...a victim to his Faith and Christian charity." In the Cathedral of Quito there is a display of Gabriel Moreno's incorrupt heart and the famous painting of Our Lady of Quito, which wept at the moment of his martyrdom.
We are living in a time of the great crisis of Faith and morals as prophesied by Our Lady. The confusion is of such magnitude that it is not only subverting the temporal sphere, but also penetrates the walls of the Church itself. Indeed, as Our Lady prophesied, the corruption of customs has become general and the precious light of Faith almost extinct. Yet the message of Our Lady of Good Success ends with a note of great hope: When everything will seem lost and paralyzed, that will be "the happy beginning of the complete restoration. This will mark the arrival of my hour, when I, in a marvelous way, will dethrone the proud and cursed Satan, trampling him under my feet and fettering him in the infernal abyss." It is the promise echoed by Our Lady again at Fatima in 1917: "In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." Thus it seems opportune to turn to Our Lady of Good Success and invoke Her, begging for every good success - both temporal and spiritual. It is the moment to ask for her orientation and certainty amid this storm, and the courage and strength to keep aloft the standard of the Faith. Finally, let us pray that Our Lady will intervene quickly to restore the Church and society, so that she may reassume her throne and reign again in glory as Queen of all the earth.
an 8.5" x 14" 2-page fold out brochure, 4¢ each
Copies of this article available from:
Our Lady of the Rosary Library
4016 Preston Hwy. Louisville, KY 40213
Phone (502) 468-9736 from 7AM to 9PM EST
Order this item today!
This page was last updated Thursday, 22-Aug-2002 14:08:30 PDT
Top of Form 1
Bottom of Form 1
The Secrets of Our Lady of La Salette
At La Salette, France, in September of 1846, the Virgin Mary appeared to two children, Maximin Giraud and Melanie Mathieu, and gave them an explanation of future world events. This was kept secret for a time, then later it was allowed to be revealed to all through publication.
The secrets given to the two children are very different. Some parts of the secrets are given in a veiled manner, so that one cannot understand without faith nor without some time, effort and thought. The arrogant will not be able to understand or to believe, for Holy Scripture says, God “teaches the humble his way.” (Psalms 25:9).
The secret given to Maximin Giraud - There are several different versions of the secret of Maximin. Some versions have only seven parts, other versions have ten parts. Maximin himself never released an authorized version of his secret. All ten parts are given here.
The secret given to Melanie Mathieu - Melanie’s secret is much longer and more detailed than Maximin’s secret. Melanie’s secret consists of 33 paragraphs. These were not numbered in her original publication of the secret; I have numbered them for the sake of clarity.
The Virgin Mary gave Melanie her secret in French. There are a number of different translations of Melanie’s secret. The translation give here is a new translation. I have based this new translation on a copy of the original manuscript of the 1904 edition of Le Secret De Melanie, handwritten (in French) by Abbé Combe, Curé of Diou (Allier), published in Lyons, France. He obtained from Melanie a copy of her secret 'entirely written by her hand' and which conformed to the text of the secret originally printed in 1879, at Lecce, France (Le Secret De Melanie, p.7).
This 1904 manuscript corrected several typographical errors made by the publisher of that first edition, which was published in 1879 with the Imprimatur of Monseigneur Zola, Bishop of Lecce. Melanie had added her own comments within several of the paragraphs of the secret given to her by the Virgin Mary (paragraphs 12, 16, 23, and 27). The important correction made in the 1904 edition was to clearly distinguish Melanie’s comments from the words of the Virgin Mary. In this new translation, Melanie’s comments are also kept distinct from the secret itself by being placed in italics.
The text, in English, of the secret given by the Virgin Mary to Maximin Giraud at La Salette, France in September of 1846.
1. ‘Three fourths of France will lose the faith, and the fourth part, which will retain it, will practice it lukewarmly.’
2. ‘Peace will be given to the world only when men will be converted.’
3. ‘A protestant nation from the north will convert to the faith and, by means of this nation, the other nations will return to the faith.’
4. ‘The pope who will come after this one will not be roman.’
5. ‘And when men will convert, God will restore peace to the world.’
6. ‘Afterwards this peace will be disturbed by the monster.’
7. ‘And the monster will arrive at the end of the nineteenth century or at the latest at the commencement of the twentieth.’
8. ‘In this time the Antichrist will be born of a nun of Hebraic descent, a false Virgin, who will have communication with the ancient serpent, with the master of impurity and putrefaction. His father will be a Bishop. He will perform false miracles and subsist only on vitiating faith. He will have his brethren, who will be children of evil but not incarnate devils like himself. Soon they will be at the head of armies, supported by the legions of hell.’
9. ‘Up, ye children of light, and fight! For behold, the age of ages, the end, the extremity is at hand! The Church passes into darkness. The world will be in a state of consternation, perplexity and confusion.’
10. On Henoch and Elias: ‘They will suddenly appear on earth full of the spirit of God, when the Church becomes darkened and the world in terrible agony. They will convert those of good will and comfort the oppressed Christians. With the help of the Holy Spirit, they will have great success against the heresies of the Antichrist. But in the end they will be delivered unto death.’
The text, in English, of the secret given by the Virgin Mary to Melanie Mathieu (Calvat) at La Salette, France in September of 1846. The words in italics are Melanie's comments concerning the Virgin Mary's words.
Melanie’s secret consists of 33 paragraphs. These were not numbered in her original publication of the secret; I have numbered them for the sake of clarity. (Translation by Ronald L. Conte Jr.)
1. ‘Melanie, what I am going to tell you now will not always be secret. You will be allowed to publish it in 1858.’
2. ‘The priests, ministers of my Son, the priests, by their bad life, by their irreverences and their impiety in celebrating the holy mysteries, by love of money, love of honor and of pleasures, the priests have become cesspools of impurity. Yes, the priests are asking for vengeance, and vengeance is suspended over their heads. Woe to the priests and to persons consecrated to God, who by their infidelities and their bad life are crucifying anew my Son! The sins of persons consecrated to God cry out towards Heaven and call for vengeance, and see how vengeance is at their doors, because there is no longer found anyone to implore mercy and forgiveness for the people; there are no longer generous souls, there is no longer anyone worthy to offer the Victim without blemish to the Eternal on behalf of the world.’
3. ‘God is going to strike in a manner without example.’
4. ‘Woe to the inhabitants of the earth! God is going to exhaust His wrath, and no one will be able to take himself away from so many afflictions combined.’
5. ‘The leaders, the guides of the people of God have neglected prayer and penance, and the demon has obscured their intelligence; they have become these wandering stars that the old devil will drag along with his tail to make them perish. God will permit the old serpent to place divisions among rulers, in all societies and in all families; physical and moral pains will be suffered; God will abandon men to themselves, and will send chastisements which will follow one after another for more than thirty-five years.’
6. ‘Society is on the eve of the most terrible scourges and of the greatest events; one must expect to be ruled with an iron rod and to drink the chalice of the wrath of God.’
7. ‘May the Vicar of my Son, the sovereign Pontiff Pius IX, no longer leave Rome after the year 1859; but may he be firm and generous, may he fight with the weapons of faith and love; I will be with him.’
8. ‘May he be wary of Napoleon; his heart is double, and when he will want to be at the same time Pope and emperor, soon God will withdraw from him: he is this eagle who, wanting always to raise himself up, will fall on the sword which he wanted to use in order to force the peoples to raise him up.’
9. ‘Italy will be punished for her ambition in wanting to shake off the yoke of the Lord of Lords; also she will be delivered over to war; blood will flow on all sides; the Churches will be closed or desecrated; the priests, the religious will be hunted; they will be made to die, and to die a cruel death. Several will abandon the faith, and the number of priests and religious who will separate themselves from the true religion will be great; Among these persons there will be found even some Bishops.’
10. ‘May the Pope keep himself on guard against the performers of miracles, because the time has come when the most astonishing wonders will take place on the earth and in the air.’
11. ‘In the year 1864, Lucifer with a great number of demons will be unleashed from hell; they will abolish the faith little by little and even in persons consecrated to God; they will blind them in such a way that barring a particular grace these persons will take on the spirit of these bad angels: several religious houses will lose the faith entirely and will lose many souls.’
12. ‘Bad books will abound on earth, and the spirits of darkness will spread everywhere a universal slackening in all that concerns the service of God; they will have a very great power over nature: there will be churches to serve these spirits. Some persons will be transported from one place to another by these bad spirits and even some priests, because they will not be guiding themselves by the good spirit of the Gospel, which is a spirit of humility, charity and zeal for the glory of God. The dead and the just will be made to revive.’ [That is to say that these dead will take the appearance of just souls who had lived on earth, so as to better mislead men: these so-called resurrected dead, who will be nothing other than the demon under these appearances, will preach another Gospel contrary to the one of the true Christ Jesus, denying the existence of heaven, or they may also be the souls of the damned. All these souls will appear as if united to their bodies.] ‘There will be in all places extraordinary wonders, because the true faith is dying out and because false light enlightens the world. Woe to the Princes of the Church who will not be occupied except to pile riches upon riches, to safeguard their authority and to dominate with pride.’
[Melanie added the comment (in brackets and italics above) about the dead and righteous who will appear to be brought back to life. In a letter to Abbé Combe, the editor of the 1904 edition of Le Secret De Melanie, she states that she made this comment ‘according to the Vision which I had in the moment that the very Blessed Virgin was speaking of the resurrection of the dead.’ (Le Secret De Melanie, p. 29-30).]
13. ‘The Vicar of my Son will have much to suffer, because for a time the Church will be delivered over to great persecutions: this will be the time of darkness; the Church will have a frightful crisis.’
14. ‘The holy faith of God being forgotten, each individual will want to be guided by himself and to be superior to his peers. Civil and ecclesiastical powers will be abolished, all order and all justice will be trampled underfoot; one will see only homicides, hatred, jealousy, lying and discord, without love for country, or for family.’
15. ‘The holy Father will suffer much. I will be with him until the end to receive his sacrifice.’
16. ‘The wicked will make an attempt several times on his life without power to do harm to his days; but neither he, nor his successor [who will not reign long,] will see the triumph of the Church of God.’
17. ‘Civil rulers will have all one same design which will be to abolish, and to make disappear all religious principle, in order to make way for materialism, atheism, spiritualism and all kinds of vices.’
18. ‘In the year 1865, the abomination will be seen in holy places; in convents, the flowers of the Church will be decayed and the demon will make himself as the king of hearts. May those who are at the head of religious communities keep themselves on guard for persons whom they must receive, because the demon will use all of his malice in order to introduce into religious orders persons devoted to sin, for disorders and the love of carnal pleasures will be spread by all the earth.’
19. ‘France, Italy, Spain and England will be in war; blood will flow in the streets; Frenchman will fight with Frenchman, Italian with Italian; subsequently there will be a general war which will be appalling. For a time, God will no longer be mindful of France or Italy, because the Gospel of Jesus Christ is no longer known. The wicked will deploy all their malice; they will kill themselves, they will massacre themselves mutually even in the houses.’
20. ‘At the first stroke of His lightning sword, the mountains and the whole of nature will tremble with terror, because the disorders and the crimes of men pierce the vault of the heavens. Paris will be burned and Marseilles engulfed; several great cities will be shaken and engulfed by earthquakes: it will be believed that all is lost: only homicides will be seen, only the noise of weapons and blasphemies will be heard. The just will suffer much; their prayers, their penances and their tears will climb even up to heaven and all the people of God will ask for forgiveness and mercy, and will ask for my help and my intercession. Then Jesus Christ by an act of His justice and of His great mercy for the just, will command to His angels that all His enemies be put to death. All at once the persecutors of the Church of Jesus Christ and all men devoted to sin will perish, and the earth will become like a desert. Then peace, the reconciliation of God with men will be made; Jesus Christ will be served, adored and glorified; charity will flower everywhere. The new kings will be the right arm of the holy Church, which will be strong, humble, pious, poor, zealous and imitator of the virtues of Jesus Christ. The Gospel will be preached everywhere and men will make great progress in the faith, because there will be unity among the workers of Jesus Christ and because men will live in the fear of God.’
21. ‘This peace among men will not be long; 25 years of abundant harvests will make them forget that the sins of men are the cause of all the pains which come upon the earth.’
22. ‘A forerunner of the antichrist with his troops from several nations will fight against the true Christ, the only Savior of the world; he will spill much blood, and will want to annihilate the worship of God in order to make himself be looked upon as a God.’
23. ‘The earth will be struck all kinds of plagues [in addition to pestilence and famine which will be general]; there will be wars until the last war, which will then be made by the ten kings of the antichrist, which kings will have all one same design and will be the only ones who will rule the world. Before these arrive, there will be a type of false peace in the world; one will think only about amusing oneself; the wicked will deliver themselves over to all kinds of sin, but the children of the holy Church, the children of the faith, my true imitators, will grow in the love of God and in the virtues which are dear to me. Happy the humble souls guided by the Holy Spirit! I will fight with them until they arrive at the fullness of the age.’
24. ‘Nature is asking for vengeance for men, and she shudders with terror in waiting for that which must come upon the earth soiled with crimes.’
25. ‘Tremble, earth and you who make profession of serving Jesus Christ and who on the inside you adore yourselves, tremble; for God is going to deliver you over to His enemy, because the holy places are in corruption; many convents are no longer houses of God, but the pastures of Asmodeas and his sort.’
26. ‘It will be during this time that the antichrist will be born of a Hebrew religious, of a false Virgin who will have communication with the old serpent, the master of impurity; his father will be Bishop; at birth, he will vomit blasphemies, he will have teeth; in a word, this will be the devil incarnate; he will let out frightening cries, he will perform wonders, he will nourish himself only on impurities. He will have brothers who, although they will not be like him demons incarnate, will be children of evil; at 12 years, they will make themselves noticed by their brilliant victories which they will win; soon, they will each be at the head of armies, assisted by the legions of hell.’
[Melanie also commented on this point, as follows: ‘It is said that the antichrist will be the devil incarnate, that is to say that he will be entirely possessed. I have seen that the good God does not permit the demon to personally incarnate himself in a human soul and body, but that the demon under a visible form will have familiar relations with the parents of the antichrist, and that they will consecrate him to his service from the first moment of his existence.’ (Le Secret De Melanie, p. 55). She wrote this comment at the end of her handwritten copy of the secret, the one which she gave to Abbé Combe for the 1904 edition of Le Secret De Melanie.]
27. ‘The seasons will be changed, the earth will produce only bad fruits, the stars will lose their regular movements, the moon will reflect only a feeble reddish light; water and fire will give to the globe of the earth convulsive movements and horrible earthquakes which will cause to be engulfed mountains, cities [etc.].’
[The editor of the 1904 edition adds the following note concerning this paragraph: ‘I have from Melanie that this etc. is not made part of the text. The Blessed Virgin showed her other cataclysms without naming them and without pronouncing the word etc. ’ (Le Secret De Melanie, p.57.)]
28. ‘Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist.’
29. ‘The demons of the air with the antichrist will perform great wonders on the earth and in the air, and men will corrupt themselves more and more. God will have care of His faithful servants and men of good will; the Gospel will be preached everywhere, all peoples and all nations will have knowledge of the truth!’
30. ‘I address a pressing appeal to the earth: I call upon the true disciples of God living and reigning in the heavens; I call upon the true imitators of Christ made man, the only and true savior of men; I call upon my children, my true devotees, those who have given themselves to me so that I may guide them to my divine Son, those whom I carry so to speak in my arms, those who have lived by my spirit; finally I call upon the Apostles of the last times, the faithful disciples of Jesus Christ who have lived in a contempt for the world and for themselves, in poverty and in humility, in contempt and in silence, in prayer and in mortification, in chastity and in union with God, in suffering and unknown to the world. It is time that they go out and come to enlighten the earth. Go, and show yourselves as my dear children; I am with you and in you, provided that your faith be the light which enlightens you in these days of woe. May your zeal render you like the starving for the glory and honor of Jesus Christ. Fight, children of light, you the small number who can see; for behold the time of times, the end of ends.’
31. ‘The Church will be eclipsed, the world will be in consternation. But behold Enoch and Elias filled with the Spirit of God; they will preach with the strength of God, and men of good will will believe in God, and many souls will be consoled; they will make great progress by the virtue of the Holy Spirit and will condemn the devilish errors of the antichrist.’
[Abbé Combe, the editor of the 1904 edition, adds the following note after this paragraph. ‘I have from Melanie that the Church will be eclipsed in this sense, that 1) one will not know which is the true pope; 2) for a time: the holy Sacrifice will cease to be offered in churches, and also in houses: so there will be no more public worship. But she saw that yet the holy Sacrifice would not cease: it would be offered in caves, in tunnels, in barns and in alcoves.’]
32. ‘Woe to the inhabitants of the earth! there will be bloody wars and famines; pestilences and contagious diseases; there will be rains of a dreadful hail of animals, thunders which will shake cities, earthquakes which will engulf countries; voices will be heard in the air, men will beat their head against the walls, they will call upon death, and on another side death will be their torture; blood will flow on all sides. Who will be able to overcome, if God does not shorten the time of the ordeal? By the blood, the tears and the prayers of the just, God will let Himself be swayed, Enoch and Elie will be put to death; pagan Rome will disappear; fire from Heaven will fall and will consume three cities; all the universe will be struck with terror, and many will let themselves be misled because they have not adored the true Christ living among them. It is time; the sun darkens; faith alone will live.’
33. ‘Behold the time; the abyss opens. Behold the king of kings of darkness. Behold the beast with his subjects, calling himself the savior of the world. He will raise himself up with pride into the air in order to go even up to heaven; he will be smothered by the breath of the holy Archangel Michael. He will fall, and the earth which for three days will be in continual evolutions, will open its bosom full of fire; he will be plunged for ever with all his own into the eternal chasms of hell. Then water and fire will purify the earth and will consume all the works of the pride of men, and all will be renewed: God will be served and glorified.’
Introduction | The secret given to Maximin Giraud | The secret given to Melanie Mathieu
Top of Form 1
Bottom of Form 1